Russia has been a very popular Centre of medical education since the days of USSR (United Soviet Socialist Republic) era. There are almost 57 medical universities in Russia. 12 among them provide MBBS course in English medium. The position of Russian universities among the top 100 medical universities of the world is 30th. All its universities have got recognition from World Health Organization and Directory of World Medical School. So, the students who study MBBS from Russian Universities can start medical practice anywhere in the world.
Russia is the first choice of international students for studying MBBS because of low fee structure there as the Govt. provides heavy subsidy on medical education. The high quality of education combined with low fee attracts the international students for medical education in Russia. There is also no dearth of qualified teachers. The student to teacher ratio is 7:1 in all Russian Medical Universities.
There has been a constant increase in the number of international students in Russian Medical University. All universities are recognized by WHO & Medical Council of leading countries like U.S.A, U.K, Middle East, Australia, India, Canada etc. The duration of MBBS course is 6 years. But those students who opt the Russian language will complete their course in 7 years.
All about Russia
Russia is a very big country, which is territorially largest in the world and lies in Asia and Eastern Europe. It is also known as Russia Federation. Moscow is the capital of Russia and Russian Federation is the official name of Russia. Moscow is the largest city in the world also. The population of Russia is about 146.6 million. There is a democratic form of govt. The Russian Federation shares the land border with Finland, Lithuania and Poland (both with Kaliningrad Oblast) Ukraine, China, Bangladesh, Malaysia, Kyrgyzstan etc.
Why do Students Study MBBS in Russia?
It is very easy to pursue medical education in Russia. Even students of normal merit can have admission in Medical colleges of Russia as there is no entrance exam for it. As far as the fee is concerned, the average MBBS fee is between 2.5 to 5 lakhs per year. All Russian Medical Universities are listed in WHO and MCI so a student who gets an MBBS degree from Russia can practice anywhere in the world including India.
All international students get the quality medical education and acquire practical knowledge. They are provided well-furnished hostel facility inside the university campus and served fresh food. There is also scholarship facility for those students who fulfill the criteria. Students are taught in such a way as to get through the screening of Medical Council of India. Medical courses are taught in English and Russian languages, MBBS students also get training to learn the Russian Language because by learning it a student can interact with patients in the hospital during the time of medical practice.
Advantages of Studying MBBS in Russia for Indian Students 2018
- No Entrance exam & No Donation.
- Easy Admission Procedure
- Low & Subsidized course fees.
- Worldwide Recognition of the Degrees provided by Medical Universities of Russia
- European Standard of Living
- Degrees Recognized Worldwide
- Indian Canteen is Available in most of the Universities.
- Excellent Result in MCI Screening Test
- Reference Available to Students working in Leading Hospitals across the World (our pass outs are working not only in India but in Australia, Canada, USA, UK and other major countries across the globe)
- 100% Visa Guarantee
- All the universities are Government Universities of Russia
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS in Russia
The student shall complete the age of 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission. The student should have obtained 50% marks in the 12th standard examination. Students belonging SC/ST and OBC category are eligible having 40% marks in aggregate in the 12th standard examination. The eligibility certificate is a legal proof given by the MCI that the medical university, which the student attends to study MBBS abroad, is authorized by the medical education regulator. And the MCI has now made it very clear to the students opting to study MBBS in foreign universities that they will have to clear their NEET examination even if they want to study abroad. To clear the NEET exam, a student needs to score a minimum of 50 percentile for general category and 40 percent for reserved category. This condition will be mandatory for the students from May 01, 2018 onwards.
Top Universities for studying MBBS in Russia
- Nizhny Novograd State Medical University
- Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University
- Tver State Medical University
- Orenburg State Medical University
- Bashkir State Medical University
- Smolensk State Medical University
- Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia
- Kursk state medical University
- Kazan state medical university
- Ryazan State Medical University
- Crimea Federal University
- Northern State Medical University
- Pavlov First Saint Petersburg State Medical University
- Volgograd State University
- Perm State Medical University
- OMSK State Medical University
- Syktyvkar State University
- Mari State University
- Altai State Medical University
- Dagestan State Medical University
- Siberian State Medical University
- Far Eastern Federal University
- Lomonosov Moscow State University
- Southern Federal University
- Kazan Federal University
- Pirogov Russian National Research Medical University (RNRMU)
Requirements for MBBS Admission in Russia 2018-2019
10th and 12th class mark sheets